Thursday, February 19, 2009

GREAT DAD!!!

I finally went to work today!! Matt gave me a half of one of his sleeping pills last night. It helped that is for sure!! I slept all night and didn't get up once, on top of the fact I wasn't blowing my nose every ten minutes!! So, last night Kason got in trouble because he keeps throwing things, his dad put him on time out. When I felt he had done his time, I went upstairs with him and played for a while and then I decided it was time for him to take a bath so he would be ready for this one last meeting with the custody evaluator and I wanted to make sure Kason was ready to go first thing in the morning!

The meeting today was at 10:00. I called Matt to see how it went at 10:50 . . . . no answer. Then again at 11:45 . . . he answered and was just on his way to meet Kasons mom to let Kason spend the day with her. I asked him how the meeting went, he said it went very well and that she kept complimenting him on what a GREAT dad he is!!! And she told him that no matter what the outcome is, he is one of the best dads she has seen!

Now, all of you that know me very well, already know how I feel about this!! Matt is the best dad I have ever seen!!! Kason has changed his life all for the better!! You know when you are younger and dating someone and when you see them with kids it just melts your heart!! I have had that feeling about Matt since the second I saw him with Kason!! And, now to have Kason be a part of our family and have him with us every second and experience all the new things of a family is so great! These two boys are the most important things in my life and I couldn't imagine it any other way!! They have this connection that is so amazing and Matt enjoys everything about Kason so much. I am so proud of Matt for everything he has been through and done and still will do for that little boy! He is the best dad Kason could ever ask for!

On a stronger note . . . the evaluator just has a few more phone calls to make and then she will have a meeting to go through what she thinks and sees is best for Kason with Matt and Chelcie and at that point depending on what the outcome is, we go to court and hopefully can finally- for sure no if's, and's, or but's about it- will have full primary custody of Kason!!! :)

4 comments:

Wrendy and Bronson said...

Yea!! It's is almost over Kass. I bet you can't wait. I know what the outcome will be, there is no doubt in my mind. You guys are such great parents, and I know how much you guys love that little boy. He sure is lucky to have Matt and you care, and love him so much! Let me know how everthing goes!!Im always here for you guys if you ever need anything. love you girl!!

Brittany said...

You guys have this bagged! If I can be of anymore help let me know. I am rootin for you two! Not only does he have a great dad, he has a great momma kassi as well :)

Shanna said...

Thats so cool Kass. Its weird to think of matt as a dad because i only really knew him when we were little and he was runnin around with my bro. but his parents are amazing, i can totally see where he gets it. good luck on the custody thing! i'll pray for you guys.

Shanna said...

oh and i'm gonna make a request for wedding pictures please! i didn't get to go and i wanna see pictures from your special day.